Sunday, 12 February 2012

Public Sauna in Kallio


Kotiharju public sauna can be found from Kallio. It's been around since 1928. Females and male saunas are separated.


I'm not a sauna person, but lately I've been starting to go to sauna at the gym I go to. But Kotiharju sauna is a bit different than the sauna I go. As it is in Kallio, you will meet pretty differen't kinds of people there, than in the gym (where ponytail girls are punishing themselves after eating a bag of candies last night). I think it could have the vibes of Aki Kaurismäki movies, but I might be wrong.



Kotiharju public sauna
Harjutorinkatu 1, 00500



How to get? 
Metro to Sörnäinen is the easiest.

Mon closed
Tue-Fri 2 pm to 8 pm
Sat 1 pm to 7 pm
Sun closed


See more here. (In their web-page you can even see real-time sauna temperature. Hihi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

HFUT is rising again!