Saturday, 25 February 2012

502nd issue: A new observation deck

There has been opened a new observation deck in Jätkäsaari (= in English: Dude Island :D). It has free entrance, thought you'll have to  go through Verkkokauppa.com, an electronic sales shop...

As Helsinki is pretty flat - we don't have sky scrapers or other that kind of buildings - this observation deck works fine.

There's also MiG-21 fighter on the deck. It's from the 80's, so it's not in the use anymore. And what happened on friday?

Well, let me start telling that in Finland men have to go to army. They can also choose a military service or go to jail. Most of my friends have done military service, and I have to rise my hat for them: work for free for one year. But also I saw this tv-serie of Swedish speaking Finns army in Dragsvik and it slightly changed my mind about army. But this all might be because Swedish speaking Finns are more sophisticated...

What I'm trying to tell is that on friday someone painted a graffiti on that MiG-21. Lol. Actually, during one year there has become a new bloom for graffitis in Helsinki. I just hope there would be more nice ones, but I undertsand that it's impossible to do a nice one in just a couple of minutes before cops come and you'll get a 7458937698450 euros fine...

See the picture here

Where?
Tyynenmerenkatu 11
00220 Helsinki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

HFUT is rising again!