Friday, 6 May 2011

228th issue: Language issue

My blog is written with a bad English. And I don't even try to write everything correct. Some people may get annoyed of my English, but let me tell you why I don't even try...

When you travel, it is important to be understood. If you only concentrate in grammar, the whole point might get lost.

I have done most of my travels alone. This way I have always had to be the one who needs to socialize, I haven't been able to hide behind anyone. Also this way I have met lot's of people from France, Chile, Japan... and together we have always spoke English, and always understood each other, though none of us have based our talking to grammar, because we are not in a nazi death camp, we are trying to get to know each other.

Some people especially in Finland have said about my English and all the mistakes I make all the time. They can keep commenting, but my point is not to write correct English, my point is to show Helsinki from my point of view. And my point of view is sure not following the prescribed old fashioned lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

HFUT is rising again!