Friday, 15 April 2011

148th issue: "When you grow up.."

I don't know how this is in other countries, but in Finland I have been loosing my nerves because of this: my dad started it "when you grow up, you'll understand". Then during my whole life I have met people who have been older than me and been tapping my head and saying "but you are so young..", "it will come when you are older", "I was the same when I was in your age".

I understand there are stereotypical things for different ages, such as around ages 28-30 men usually loose themselves for a while, because they have lived a long relationship which ended. So this is when they try to find a way of being alone again.

But what I'm trying to say is, that I hate when people reflect things to persons age. I think everything is about personality, lived things (includes emotions, death, illness, parents divorce). And then if someone who is a few years older than me comes and says "Oh, but you are so young" I always feel like eating that person alive. Especially if this person hasn't lived any of those things I have gone through in very young age.

Some of the older people have never traveled alone, I started traveling alone when I was 18. Some of the people have always lived in a relationship - meaning they are used to share everything and live in a symbiosis with other person, I have never had a serious relationship.

So, I don't like people telling me what's going to happen when I grow up, because they have often lived different kind of life than me. They have made different selections. Our life's can't be compared.



(pic from here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

HFUT is rising again!