Wednesday, 30 March 2011

88th issue: Finnish traditional handicraft



I follow fashion blogs and I really enjoy them. My favorite is Rumi, Fashiontoast.com.

Actually Rumi's blog made me think about handicrafts, because I saw her wearing kind of Inca indians bag. For me these indian bags remind of the hippies, I never thought about mixing them with Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Rumi did, and she looked very good!

So, I started to think could Finnish traditional handicrafts become famous between fashionistas World wide? Check out the patterns and colors.


Finnish Rag


Art Nouveau rags:

Designed by Eliel Saari
Designed by Väinö Blomstedt (pic from here)












Designed by Akseli Gallen-Kallela (pic from here)
Designed by Akseli Gallen-Kallela (pic from here)

Designed by Emma Saltzman (pic from here)

Rags from different parts of Finland:

Saarijärvi (pic from here)
Urjala. (pic from here)

Uurainen. (pic from here)


What I mean is, that the patterns and colors could be used again for clothing, bags or even shoes! You can find rags from 2nd hand shops and flea markets if you want to buy ready made and customize it. There are different sizes of rags and the ones made in the 70s have quite acidy colors and shapes... if it is those bright colors that interest people in those inca bags..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

HFUT is rising again!